- You are proving someone access to your bank account.
- It is best to set up direct deposit in person, but if you have to do it over the phone or online, make sure you are working with an authorized representative of the company/organization.
- You should be required to sign a form authorizing the deposit of funds into your account.
- Identity theft is a huge concern, so if you suspect that something isn't right, don't provide any personal information.
Listed below are some of the required information that will be needed to set up direct deposit:
- Your name as it appears on the bank account
- The bank name and address (CNB Bank & Trust, N.A., 450 W. Side Square, Carlinville, IL 62626)
- The bank routing or ABA number (081904662)
- Your bank account number (In most cases, they will request a voided check.)
It is a good idea to find out when you can expect the direct deposit to start, and always check your account on that day to make sure it posted before writing checks against those funds.
If you have any questions, you may always contact your local branch for assistance. For a complete list of CNB Bank & Trust locations and contact information, click HERE.